TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!


TONIGHT IN ASBURY PARK!

FAREWELL PERFORMANCE OF "CAROL CHANNING IN CONCERT STARRING RICHARD SKIPPER!"

After 15 success-FULL years, I am hanging up the sequins to focus on other projects! I hope that you will help me go out with a bang tonight!

Tim McLoone's, Asbury Park to Present Carol Channing Tribute July 5th
BOB EGAN ENTERTAINMENT in association with ELEGANT DIAMOND PRODUCTIONS presents Carol Channing in Concert Starring Richard Skipper, "a loving musical-comedy tribute to Carol Channing," will play one performances at Tim McLoone's Supper Club in Asbury Park.
Show time is 8PM . Paul Stephan wrote the show's arrangements with additional charts by Seth Weinstein.
I will be backed by Jon Weber on piano, Marc Daine on banjo/guitar, Laura Dryer on saxophone, Steve Bartosik on drums and Frank Wagner on bass. I am also joined by singers Rocco Arrigo, Michael Hopewell, Kristopher Monroe.

This show was conceived, written and produced by me.
Variations of this show has won 2 MAC Awards and a Back Stage Bistro Award. For more information visit www.richardskipper.com.
In this intimate evening with one of Broadway s greatest treasures, I take my audiences back to a time of clean wholesome entertainment, featuring highlights from two of Channing' s greatest hits, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Hello Dolly!

THIS IS IT!, TONIGHT! July 5th, 2008 at 8:00 pm. Tim McLoone s Supper Club, 1200 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park, NJ. Reservations: (732) 774-1155.

According to Carol Channing, ". . . the first time ever I have been shown with such love, respect and polish. Richard Skipper is a true musical comedy star! He is fabulous as me!"
Copyright ©2008 Richard Skipper. All rights reserved.


Darling! Sorry it has taken me so long to get to your guest book. So, what did I think of your set at the Because we Care Tribute to Sharon McNight? Being a Carol Fan, I was thrilled and delighted with the accuracy of your portrayal.
When I saw you come out as yourself earlier in the program I thought, "How the hell is this guy going to be Carol Channing?" To which your impersonation replied, "Very well, Thank you!"
I don't know if there's anything I would change, or that I didn't like. I love that you interact with the audience and pick them out. I love that you don't need a mic. That really rocks my world to hear great, trained voices without a mic.I'd love to see you do the Jam Song from Alice in Wonderland!
Taken from GUESTBOOK at www.RichardSkipper.com


CHECK THIS OUT:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=97652037030&oid=10566877729


For an overview of images of me as Carol over the years, go here:http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Richard+Skipper&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=GZxQStW8OJT7tgfZgqWiBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4




I will continue to celebrate Carol Channing!
Broadway legend Carol Channing, who in 1964 won a Tony Award for her iconic portrayal of matchmaker Dolly Levi in "Hello! Dolly," will give a benefit performance at Wells Fargo Pavilion on Aug. 31, the night after the curtain falls on the final Music Circus production of the season.

Proceeds from "Carol Channing and Friends," a song-and-dance revue emceed by Jo Anne Worley and featuring actress Carole Cook and singer-actress Joyce Aimée, will be divided between California Musical Theatre, which produces Music Circus, and the Carol Channing & Harry Kullijian Foundation for the Arts, which supports arts education in schools.

Channing, 88, will formally announce the benefit event to patrons attending Tuesday's opening night of "Thoroughly Modern Millie," the first production in Music Circus' summer schedule.

"Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore and I did the (1967) movie 'Thoroughly Modern Millie.' I got the Golden Globe Award," Channing said Thursday while in Sacramento for the day with Kullijian, her husband of six years. "The Broadway show got the Tony Award, but I never saw it, and I wanted to see this 'Thoroughly Modern Millie.' So they said I could introduce it."

Channing will use the opportunity during her "curtain speech" to reminisce about the movie version of "Millie," which inspired the Broadway show, and to talk about the foundation her husband founded two years ago.

"I'm his spokeswoman," she said.

"You're more than that, baby," Kullijian said, grinning. "This is a part of our life that's so important. The arts is the missing link in our country. The arts have been removed from public schools. We're launching the foundation in California and will be taking it national next year."

Channing, who has appeared in nearly a dozen Broadway shows, was honored in 1995 with a lifetime achievement Tony Award. She began her career in the early 1940s as an understudy to Eve Arden in "Let's Face It."

As part of "Carol Channing and Friends," Channing will reminisce about her days on Broadway and the famous people she knew.

"I'm thrilled she was interested to do it," said Richard Lewis, executive director of California Musical Theatre. "Somebody with that rich theatrical tradition, on a stage in Sacramento with a rich theatrical tradition, is great."

California Musical Theatre shares the mission of arts education with the Channing-Kullijian foundation, he said.

And now Johnny Depp wants to get into the act!
The Hollywood star portrays John Dillinger in 'Public Enemies' and insists the notorious bank robber was watching over him while he was filming scenes.

He told BANG Showbiz: "It was magical to be able to literally walk in the same steps that he took.
You could almost feel him. I did feel him, not to be spooky or anything, but there were moments when I felt his presence. There were moments when I felt a certain level of approval from the guy.
"To be able to fire my Thompson gun out of the very window Dillinger was firing his Thompson out of during the gun battle at Little Bohemia - you can't put a price on that."
After playing a string of charismatic male leads Johnny is now ready for a totally different challenge - and is keen to portray an 88-year-old American singer-and-actress.
The 46-year-old hunk explained: "I would like to play Carol Channing next. I do like Carol Channing, I really do."

Johnny is so determined to test his acting skills he has set his sights on portraying another unlikely character.

He laughingly explained: "In the digital age you can do anything. I could even play a 12-year-old girl at this point."
GO SEE A LIVE SHOW THIS WEEK! Don't forget to contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING & HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS: http://www.carolchanning.org/Foundation.htm

With grateful XOXOXs for your support!

Richard Skipper

Follow me on Twitter @RichardSkipper


AND DON'T FORGET: July 8
8pm
IGUANA VIP LOUNGE, 240 West 54th Street, NYC
WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT THE IGUANA
Dana Lorge and Richard Skipper host this new comedy and musical variety show alomg with Barry Levitt on piano and Saadi Zain on bass. Tonight's guests include: Ann Dawson, Rob Hoover, Sierra Rein, Emmy Rivera, and Camille "Cacciatore" Savitz... and a few other surprises as well! $10.00 Cover/No food or drink minimum!

Comments