HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I'm thankful for BETTY BUCKLEY, ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY, CHRISTINA APPLEGATE...AND MORE

Happy Thanksgiving! Before Danny and I shuffle off to Buffalo this afternoon, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who contribute to my Life.
I'm a lucky guy. I'm blessed with an incredible support system. Danny (who I'm thankful for!) and I are leaving at noon as soon as Santa arrives at the end of the Macy's Parade.
WE are going up to spend Thanksgiving with his family in Lewiston, NY (a suburb of Buffalo).
We are having our Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow night. It also makes it a lot easier on his brothers and their families to visit their in-laws today. I wanted to wait to see two of my favorite entertainers in the parade before we hit the road.
Betty Buckley and Ann Hampton Callaway! I have been in love with the Tony Award winning Betty Buckley since she joined the cast of Eight is Enough. Who knew then that she had such a glorious voice. To learn more about Betty and what she has done, is doing, and what is coming up, please visit her website: http://www.bettybuckley.com

I had the pleasure of sitting with Betty at Quinn Lemley's Rita Hayworth show, THE HEAT IS ON, years ago at DON'T TELL MAMA. It was an honor and a thrill to sit in the presence of someone I admire so much. I'm thinking I want to study with her next month! The legendary Broadway star, actress/singer Betty Buckley continues her successful Song Interpretation Workshop with a new round of six classes open to new participants in December 2010. The Fort Worth native will assist aspiring artists, educators and experienced performers in the craft of singing, acting and storytelling.

Ms. Buckley shares her expertise for telling stories in song and guide her students through a methodology that facilitates audience connection through songs and monologues. Her emotional connection to songs and audiences is renowned, and that very connection is at the heart of what Ms. Buckley imparts to her students.

The class participants will be working toward a second benefit concert this winter. Last year, Ms. Buckley beautifully staged and directed the first benefit concert featuring workshop participants to rave reviews. Mark Lowry's review celebrates "The results, we must say, were heavenly." Read it at www.theatrejones.com or view Betty Buckley Discusses Workshop Concert with Theatre Jones.
The Tony award winner has thrilled audiences for years with acclaimed performances in such Broadway shows as Sunset Boulevard, Cats, The Mystery of Edwin Drood and 1776. Her highly praised starring role in the M. Night Shyamalan feature film The Happening, joins her other memorable film performances which include Tender Mercies, Frantic, and Carrie. Recently she was seen in the new Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg mini-series The Pacific on HBO. Last summer Ms. Buckley appear Off-Broadway in White's Lies and will be seen in Arsenic and Old Lace at the Dallas Theatre Center in February 2010. In 2009, Ms. Buckley was honored with the Texas Medal of Arts Award for Theater and was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in 2007. She also has an extensive concert career and recently received rave reviews for her new show For the Love of Broadway! at the prestigious Feinstein's nightclub in NYC. The New York Times' Stephen Holden acclaimed "Betty Buckley was at the very top of her game." John Simon of Bloomberg Press raved "Equally accomplished as actress and singer, she pours a lifetime into every song."

The Song Interpretation Intensive class schedule consists of six sessions starting on Friday, December 10; Monday, December 13; Thursday, December 16; Monday, December 20; Tuesday, December 28; Thursday, December 30. Classes begin at 6:30pm and last 4-5 hours. An accompanist will be provided. For more information go to www.bettybuckley.com.

Ms. Buckley has been a teacher for 38 years and has taught numerous singers, actors and professionals including investment bankers, athletic coaches and persons who want to perfect their ability to effectively communicate in their work and in relationships. The class also welcomes auditors who participate in all aspects of the class except the individual coaching by Ms. Buckley. (SOURCE: BROADWAYWORLD.COM)
I just ordered Betty's CD: Betty Buckley - Stars and the Moon: Betty Buckley Live at the Donmar: http://www.amazon.com/Stars-Moon-Live-at-Donmar/dp/B00005O7T7
Thank you, Betty! Looking forward to seeing you in the parade!

The first time I saw Ann Hampton Callaway, she was on Joe Franklin's late night TV show. I was hooked and I've been hooked ever since. I would try and get out to The Bradstan Inn every time she was booked there. My regret is that I don't see more of her concerts. She is SO NICE to boot! Check out her website and hear that glorious voice! http://www.annhamptoncallaway.com

Ann will perfom the new holiday tune "Yes, Virgina (There Is a Santa Claus)," in the Macy's Thanksgving Day Parade this morning. I can't wait to hear it! I'm doing a reading of "Yes, Virgina (There Is a Santa Claus)" in a holiday show at Riverspace in Nyack on December 12th (More details when I get them!)
One of my favorite cds is Sibling Revelry [Live] with Ann and her equally talented sister, Liz. Take it home with you: http://www.amazon.com/Sibling-Revelry-Ann-Hampton-Callaway/dp/B000000PKN
So, thank you Ann and Betty for the gifts you give to the world!

There are also a few birthdays I'd like to acknowledge today. The GORGEOUS Christina Applegate! I met Christina a few years ago at The Tony Awards. I got the opportunity to tell her how much I admired her in SWEET CHARITY (which I LOVED) and what she did for that cast. When they closed out of town, SHE put her own money in the production to bring her in. She also did shows with a broken leg. She comes from the tradition that the show must go on! There aren't too many of those left. When I told her how much I loved her show, she grabbed me and kissed me! What a sweetheart. Happy Birthday, Christina!Christina is the daughter of record producer Robert Applegate and singer-actress, Nancy Priddy. Her parents split-up shortly after her birth. She has two half-siblings from her father's re-marriage - Alisa (b. 10 October 1977) & Kyle (b. 15 July 1981). Alisa and Christina are best friends and even lived together while Alisa was going to college. Christina's mother took her along on all of her auditions and acting jobs. She made her acting debut at age five months, when her mother got her in a commercial for Playtex nursers. Her mother never remarried, but kept company with Stephen Stills. Christina still cherishes a guitar Stephen gave her when she was young. She played in a number of TV series before landing her breakout role in "Married with Children" (1987) in 1987. Christina still studies jazz dance. (Source: The Internet Movie Database)

It's also Murray Hill's Birthday. I met Murray when I was appearing in Provincetown. Love ya, Murray! You picked a fine day for a birthday! Eat as much as you want to celebrate! Happy B-Day Murray! Visit Murray's website at http://mistershowbiz.com


Don't forget to get your tickets for my first preview at St. Luke's, NYC December 22nd 3PM. Check out www.RichardSkipper.com for more details!

THE FOLLOWING ARE COMMENTS FROM
http://www.richardskipper.com/guestbook.html

Dear Richard. What a night at the IGUANA. I truly enjoyed singing for you and your fabulous audience. The talent that appears at WEDNESDAY NIGHT at the IGUANA is extraordinary. You and Dana are electric with your wit, and spontaneity. Can't wait to return again. More than likely I"ll be there on November 3rd. I hope to be bringing a friend of mine from San Francisco to experience the fabulous Wed. nights at the Iguana. Earl Levit, Philadelphia, PA



Richard: Just wanted to say that David Star and I thought your performance at St. Luke's last night was just PHENOMENAL! What a joy it was to watch you. Richard, you are just great! Plus it was so wonderful to see your packed house! To quote a performer friend of mine: You are impeccable!
Frank Torren, New York, NY



What a joyous night! Richard and Dana, you are the most welcoming, entertaining, beautiful hosts in town (or, for my money, anywhere)! I had a terrific evening, surrounded by gracious, supremely talented people, greeting old friends, making new ones, and enjoying fabulous food. Thank you for including me in your roster of entertainers last night at the Iguana! JACKIE DRAPER, NYC

Richard's class, wit and resourcefulness shines through, whether as "Carol" on stage at St. Luke's or as himself when he interviewed the "real, Carol at Barnes & Nobel last week. Always a joy to encounter Richard.
Bart Greenberg, Special Events, BARNES & NOBLE LINCOLN SQUARE NYC

SEE FOR YOURSELF DECEMBER 22nd at ST. LUKE'S THEATRE, 46th Street, NYC


. . . the first time ever I have been shown with such love, respect and polish. Richard Skipper is a true musical comedy star! He is fabulous as me!"~ Carol Channing

www.RichardSkipper.com

Follow me on Twitter www.Twitter.com/RichardSkipper


Google me!

Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING & HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS: http://www.carolchanning.org/foundation.htm



TILL NEXT WEEK...HERE'S TO A MUSICAL THANKSGIVING!
With grateful XOXOXs for your support!
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com

Comments