Tis The season...And an abundance of Birthdays!

The threat of Christmas hung in the air, visible already in the fretful look of passersby as they readied themselves for the meaningless but necessary rites of false jovialities and ill-considered gifts.
Peter Dickinson

Happy Everything!
 December 9 is the 343rd day of the yearin the Gregorian calendar.
There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year.
On this date in 1531, The Virgin of Guadalupe first appears to Juan Diego at Tepeyac, Mexico City. On this date in 1775, during the American Revolutionary War, British troops lose the Battle of Great Bridge, and leave Virginia soon afterward.



It is the holiday season and an abundance of birthdays today!

Happy Birthday, Peter Napolitano (left) seen here with Robert Bartley and Mark Janas


 Its another day another chance to say Thank You. ~Infinite Love and Gratitude

 Trust and believe...I trust and believe!

 Hello, Friends. It is nice to have you back here. Now it’s finally here...the holidays are upon us!

Happy Birthday, Kirk Douglas!

We are 16 days away from Christmas and I am feeling a bit like Charlie Brown this year.

I definitely don't feel like Scrooge. I try to carry the Christmas spirit with me throughout the year. 

I definitely don't feel like the Grinch. I LOVE Christmas! But I am feeling like I am in one of those snow globes where you shake it up and it is a whirlwind of activity within the confines of a very closed in space.



Last night, I decided to cancel my Christmas show. 
Here is the statement I put out on that:
It is with a heavy heart that I am cancelling the show on December 20th
Happy Birthday, John Malkovich!
Happy Birthday, Michael Dorn
I have stressed out over this decision over the past few days. 
We have a total of 7 reservations. I have been putting in 10 hour days trying to sell this show…and it just isn’t selling. 
Perhaps it’s the time of year, perhaps it’s the economy, perhaps it’s me…I don’t know. A decision had to be made now rather than later.

I thought with this cast that it would sell well. With upcoming rehearsals being scheduled and the expenses I have with this show, I cannot afford this loss.
Happy Birthday, Joe McGinniss
My goal with this series was to raise money for Carol Channing’s Foundation forthe Arts and to give you all a chance to be showcased. I hope I haven’t inconvenienced any of you.




With a heavy heart and deep regrets!
Richard Skipper

 Good. Then we can move on.

My horoscope today:  Although your day may not unfold according to your agenda, it's not sensible to try too hard to get things back on track today.

In fact, sticking to your plan might be a total waste of time that exhausts you without rewarding you with something to show for all your hard work.

Instead of driving harder, relax the reins of control but don't squander this opportunity. Use this time to reconsider your desires and re-evaluate what's most important to you.Happy Birthday, Buck Henry!



Happy Birthday, Mario Cantone!
Mercury is in retrograde! There is a full MOON lunar eclipse tomorrow night. To say that I am feeling it is an understatement!

Happy Birthday, Sylvia!
I am watching people that I love, for the most part, so consumed with what THEY need to accomplish that they can't find the time to see what the people around them are experiencing. 
Invite someone by phone to a Christmas party and they send regrets via e-mail. 


Happy Birthday, Beau Bridges!
Happy Birthday, David Anthony Higgins!
Are they so consumed that they have no time to offer a verbal response? Alec Baldwin getting kicked off of a plane because he was breaking the rules and people are siding with him. 
Michelle Bachman dismissing an 8 year old boy when he tells her that "his mommy doesn't need fixing" because she's gay. 
Happy Birthday, William D. Swift!


Happy Birthday, Dan Hicks!
Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people, Karen Saunders!
This year when we close the door on 2011, this is my wish:

That some day soon, pages fighting for equality will not be needed, because pages fighting for discrimination will be gone. 

Happy Birthday, Dick Butkus!
That we all will be treated as equals by our government and our fellow man. That children can go to school without the fear of being bullied or bashed.  

Ann Van Cleve and David Edwards, Home For The Holidays
That our children no longer feel the need to commit suicide to escape the torments of being bullied or bashed AND those who are responsible for these suicides will be brought to justice! That the diseases of hatred and bigotry will some day be as extinct as dinosaurs. 

Happy Birthday, Felicity Huffman!
And…that EVERYONE will find someone to share their lives with! THIS is my wish for 2012!
Happy Birthday, Joe Lemerise! I miss you!!


 Reality is something you rise above. Liza Minnelli

 Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. -Judy Garland

The above is my motto for 2012! 

  Happy Birthday, Michael Nouri!

Happy Birthday, Gordon Kirk!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. -Judy Garland

 "A critic is someone who never actually goes to battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded." Tyne Daly

Happy Birthday, Tom Kite


Happy Birthday, Kirsten Gillibrand!








Happy Birthday, Joan Armatrading!
Here are a few comments from Monday night's show:
 Once again, Richard Skipper (ref. his tribute to Jerry Herman at The Triad on November 28th, 2011) topped himself with yet another wonderful, beautifully staged and coordinated event; and on top of that, he also managed to fill it with some of the best talent NYC has to offer, too! I'd heard-in talking with some audience members, last night-that he is doing this type of tribute to other legendary Artists on a monthly basis. He can count on my being there to see each and every Show; as long as HE is hosting it! Keep up your great work Richard, and never stop bringing the kind of happiness, joy and magic that you give to all of us!
Ronald E. Giles
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey

Richard- YOU fill the bill (and more) as a ‘skipper’ who is responsible for the ‘voyage’, and with panache, know-how and talent makes sure those on the ‘journey’ have a fun-filled adventure!
MANY thanks for inviting me to have the experience.
Sincerely,
Your fan AND ally,
Arlene B. Isaacs
NYC

Walter Willison
 CONGRATULATIONS! You're a class act all the way. Thank you for asking me to be part of last night's most memorable Celebration!
You did us all -- and especially Jerry Herman and Carol  and Harry's Foundation -- proud. Wonderful cast, wonderful musicians, wonderful friends, wonderfully produced. Especially loved your show-stopping rendition of "Almost Young", which is now my new favorite song.
Love, Walter Willison


Like Dolly Levi, my friend Patricia Gay truly knows the meaning of paying it forward.  She could not attend Monday night so she bought two tickets for someone to attend in her place. I offered them to the first person on Facebook who contacted me. They went to Elli: The King of Broadway! I wish more people would take a lead from Patty.

Horace: Advice is cheap, Ms. Molloy. It's the things that come gift wrapped that count! 

 NO COPY WRITE INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!
Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!

Thank you, to all the entertainers mentioned in this blog! Thanks for the gifts you give to the world!
Carol Channing (Seaners4real/Flickr Creative Commons)
I love you ALL!! 

  Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!

Now, GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TODAY!

 Become A Facebook friend of mine!
Follow me on Twitter If you've seen one of my appearances/shows, add your thoughts to my guestbook at www.RichardSkipper.com


                             Tomorrow's blog will be...YOU TELL ME! I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

Happy Birthday, Dane Judi Dench



Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING  and HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS



TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED TOMORROW!
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com




Comments