Richard Skipper Celebrates...June 18th!

This is the only real concern of the artist, to recreate out of the disorder of life that order which is art.
Photo: Matthew Murphy Mary Poppins at Papermill Playhouse. Read MORE

-James Baldwin

Happy Memorial Day Monday, May 29th, 2017!
Today is the 149th day of the year. There are 216 days remaining until the end of the year.
Before I begin, I have a HIGH RECOMMENDATION! Last night, I attended the opening of Mary Poppins at The Papermill Playhouse. GO! GO!! GO!!! You'll be thanking me! 
It plays through June 25.  More information at papermill.org


There are 20 days till my next Richard Skipper Celebrates production and my last of this season. 
I love the evolution this series has made over the course of the past year. When I set out to do this series, my goal was to create an on stage talk/variety show in which we celebrate each
other and each and every day.
We launched the series last May 25th and I was thrilled at the response. 
We were scheduled to follow up in June and I could not sell a ticket to save my life. Then on June 12th of last year, the Orlando Pulse Massacre happened and knocked the win out of my sails.  
I felt at that moment that it was time for me to step back and assess how I desired to move forward. I ended up cancelling and decided to return in September.
We returned in September, where I began this series, at The Triad. 
I loved performing at The Triad. It is a jewel box of a theater. The problem was scheduling and maneuvering around that juggernaut of Spamilton!  
We continued at The Triad with shows in October, November, December, and January. 
It was also during this time that Russ Woolley came on board as producer. He started out as a Facebook friend and that quickly morphed into a full fledged friendship. I never in a million years would have thought that he would come on board to help make this series soar. I am amazed at what we have created in year one. Cannot wait to share Year Two with you! 
My spirit is 100 percent intact as I move towards June 18th, the next and final show of this season. 
I have decided to take July and August off to focus on my book, Call on Dolly: From Carol to Bette

I will be returning in September with a great cast led by Ann Dawson and Ben Rimalower.
But first let's talk about June 18th. I have a great cast to celebrate! Let's start with Sarah Rice. Sarah will be celebrating the birthday of Jeanette MacDonald. She will also be joined by Mark Watson in a duet celebrating Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald. 
Sarah made a guest appearance in our first installment in celebration of Carole Demas's bithday. I am thrilled she is back this time in a featured capacity. 
She is the perfect choice to celebrate Jeanette MacDonald. Her Screen Gems show is still one of my favorites.
Also returning this month is one of my favorite entertainers and I am thrilled that he has become such a good friend over the past year, David Sabella.  
He appeared in our celebration of Liza Minnelli's birthday in March. This time around, he will be celebrating Father's Day. He is a proud father of two. 
Also in the line up is Warren Schein! He will be helping us to celebrate the birthday of Sammy Cahn.  
Mark Watson, as mentioned earlier, will come back to help us celebrate the day as well. 
I'm still waiting to see what he will be bringing to the table.
Mark Watson
He is an amazing opera singer and I can't wait to share him with my audiences. THEN, we have a Tony Award nominated  entertainer!  

A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose. - Tom Wilson
What makes you smile?
Today's clue as to our MYSTERY GUEST: This entertainer made their Broadway debut in the 1980s. They received a Tony award nomination as "Best Leading ***** in a Musical" for that performance, and is the recipient of the coveted Theatre Worlds Award for "Outstanding Broadway Debut". New York magazine’s John Simon said "This entertainer is a winner" and Al Hirschfeld did a caricature of them.
Reserve TODAY and be part of the celebration!
Thought for the day: What really matters is not how much intelligence you have but how you use
David Sabella
what you have.

Life is so much better when you stop caring about what everyone thinks, and start to actually live for yourself!!

June Is New York Music Month!

What a delight it was to be at Richard Skipper's World War II show on Armed Forces Day, May 20th! The singers were all fantastic, the songs fun to revisit and the video footage stunning.  Richard is a charming and talented host.  He makes everyone feel welcome.
I can't wait for his next show at Laurie Beechman on Father's Day. Thanks, Richard for all you are doing to keep cabaret and this music alive.- Eileen Lacy, New York, NY

Let's Celebrate: June 18th at 1PM at The Laurie Beechman Theater. Russ Woolley proudly presents Richard Skipper Celebrates June 18th!

Richard will be joined by Sarah Rice, David Sabella, Warren Schein, Mark Watson...AND a Mystery Guest ! 
The effervescent singing diva, Jeanette MacDonald was born on June 18, 1903 in West Philadelphia to a comfortable middle class family.

All under the musical Direction of Tedd Firth with Jeff Carney
Tedd Firth
on bass and Rex Benincasa on Percussion . This is a 1PM SHOW! (90 minutes) At The Laurie Beechman Theater Reservations a Must! Please Reserve Today .$30 Cover and $20 Minimum per person.

The celebration celebrates the birthdays of Sammy Cahn and Jeanette MacDonald, Father's Day...and so much MORE! You Never Know Who You Might See There and what might happen!

The afternoon is also made possible by Wright Bros. Real Estate.





Nobody celebrates legends like Richard Skipper.If one of your faves is being feted, there's nowhere on earth more
On stage with Diane J. Findlay May 20th, 2017
fun to be. And honestly even if you don't care about the honoree, master showman Richard and his talented crew serve up a fabulously good time.
-Ben Rimalower


 

with KT Sullivan May 20th, 2017
Sit Back! A New News Cycle Is About to Begin!


Thank you, to ALL who are mentioned in this blog for showing me that it is up to ME to lead by example!
with Ellen Bullinger and Carol Siwek


With grateful XOXOXs ,
 






Click on banner to go to website



NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!


Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  

Keeping America great through Art!     


Go Out and Do Something Nice For Someone Without Expecting Anything In Return
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!

 
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com




  






Comments

  1. I attended the premiere edition Richard Skipper Celebrates last May, and wrote at the time, ".the musical entertainment blew the roof off the joint..". I was so looking forward to celebrating my own birthday at the Richard Skipper Celebrates June 20th edition, the following month, but due to circumstances, as described by Richard, he had unfortunately canceled it. I was mortified but nevertheless attended a few more editions this past year. I especially love the transition of the event to the Laurie Beechman Theatre. The terrific brunch alone is worth partaking & the musical entertainment & hijinx are the Cherry on top!
    I am so looking forward to the June 18th edition, not only to celebrate Father's Day, but also the final Birthday in my sixties (2 days early). I have planned a THREE ACT music filled day, with friends, starting with bottomless Bloody Marys brunch at Richard Skipper Celebrates and ending at the stroke of midnight, with cocktails, at Bemelmans Bar!
    So let's get the party started... who want to join me at Richard Skipper Celebrates June 18th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, as always, Richard!! Many thanks!! All Best Wishes for a Knock-out Show on the 18th — which I'm quite sure it WILL be!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment