The Enormously Powerful Don't Have To Be Cool To Be Accepted

with the AUTHENTIC Randy Jones of The Village People
I think all great innovations are based on rejections.
-Louise Nevelson, Russian-American artist (1900-1988)

Happy MONDAY, July 24th, 2017!
July 24 is the 205th day of the year. There are 160 days remaining until the end of the year. This date is slightly more likely to fall on a Tuesday, Friday or Sunday (58 in 400 years each) than on Wednesday or Thursday (57), and slightly less likely to occur on a Monday or Saturday (56).
Therefore, there is a uniqueness to this day...or as I say always, to EVERY DAY! It is a rainy overcast day here in New York. Before I even start, it's a birthday shout out to Kristin Chenoweth!
She's one of my favorites and I would LOVE to interview her!
As I began today's blog I was listening to Leslie Uggams singing My Own Morning from Hallelujah, Baby!
That song sums up my feelings and emotions today. Once upon a time there was a man named Richard Skipper who was/is a work in progress!
Today is a special day in my life. Six years ago today, Danny and I were legally wed.
Danny and I have been together 27 years! However, 6 years ago TODAY, we became legal! We have the distinction of being one of the first 100 couples to get wed legally in NY. I'm looking forward to the next 27 years.
Danny and I with my little Me, our niece Lakyn

Daniel Sherman completes my life on a level I never thought possible. I am one of the lucky ones. I thank God and the Universe daily! The day of our marriage, Tom and Leslie Orofino not only were our witnesses, they were our chauffeurs and the most amazing friends you could possibly imagine. Also our friends Joe and Pat Sopiak, and Douglas Houston and Frank Russo (who got married earlier this year) were there for us! Counting my blessings today with a great husband AND great friends! Make it a great day, EVERYONE! It's up to US!

The energy of today has been erratic, and I am hopping all over the place. 
It also has been very expansive.

I am going through a 'letting go' phase in my life. I am letting go of those aspects, things, and, yes, people who are not serving my life on a positive uplifting level.
The title of my blog today once again comes from one of my horoscopes. As I've said in previous blogs, whether you believe in them or not, there is always food for thought in them. Last night, a 'friend' of mine unfriended me on Facebook. 
Not because of something I said, but, rather, because of what was said by a couple of friends of mine. I feel like I'm trying to grab a slippery fish with greased hands.  
I'm letting the fish swim away for now. I can always catch another one later if I need to. Social media has really screwed up how we communicate in the 21st century.
It has its pluses...but I'm beginning to think that the negatives are far outreaching the positives. I have a confession to make: I'm addicted! 
When I reached the 5,000 (the limit) mark on Facebook, I felt like I arrived! I cannot tell you when that was but it WAS sometime ago. I felt like I had become popular. I love it when all eyes are on me, so all those 'friends' had me smiling like crazy as if they were paparazzi hanging on to my every move and post! 
I have given up the notion of desiring to have 'notches' on Facebook. I truly want an experience that is reflective of my REAL life. 
Over the course of the last few years as my career and life have taken me down different paths, I am finding it useful to connect with those that are interested in who I am instead of what I have to offer and I am looking for 'accountability partners' who help to ensure that I actually implement that which I am learning. This is good!
My life is an open book and I wear my emotions and feelings on my sleeves...AND in print!  
I  have been going through daily my Facebook friends and 'unfriending' those that I have no interaction with. I have a daily goal of clicking on 25 friends on Facebook and taking a closer look at how our lives are intertwined. I have been having some stark realizations. Some names I don't even recognize! Did they reach out to me or did I reach out to them? 
I have taken a deep breath and am realizing that THIS is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be at this point in the process of my life's journey. Although it may be a difficult decision - it will be worth it in the long term.  I am just an ordinary guy, not much different from any other.
According to my charts, a wonderful new seven-year cycle has just begun in which my talents of sensitivity and intuition are more on the "in" than on the "out".   
As I go through and am clearing, I am making way for new possibilities and opportunities. 
There are times when I wonder, why isn't this working faster?  I'm all about power now.
As one real friend just posted,  It gets so tiring some days. on FB/media. One wants to just do business, stay in touch with the real friends in the real world, and let the techie "I don't know who you are, what you'll say or do next, can I trust you world" to the robots.
Opportunities and TRUE friends come when we harness the full power of our minds as well as our bearings.
Of course, daily, all of us face obstacles and we sometimes feel stuck where we are.
The world has changed since last year, and no one of us is immune to changes occurring in our personal lives. As an artist and all of my artist friends can attest to this, sometimes we hit plateaus in which it seems as if we are making no progress whatsoever. That is how I've been feeling for the past month and a half...maybe even longer.  I am opening up to a new way of living with others.


I follow Dee Wallace, the actress.  My eyes light up when I think of her. 
Did you know she is a very spiritual woman? I have had the honor of interviewing Dee twice. I love her outlook on life. She is a great writer, as well, and I use her book as a guide. Recently, I
received a newsletter in which she felt a lot of people were letting her down. 
She wrote that she heard herself proclaim out loud, "Everyone is letting me down." She goes on to write, "When you hear yourself say or think perceptions like that, you better believe there is a pony in the poop somewhere. A big one!"
She realized she was getting angrier and angrier.She felt like she was exploding inside. On the exterior, she was bravely facing all the challenges before her. Inside, she was creating a nervous breakdown. She woke up at six that morning and her mind was churning. She could feeeeeeel the anger!!! She could not stop the ongoing flow of thoughts that...she didn't desire. Sound familiar? That's when we say things like, "I don't want to feel this way, but I CAN'T HELP IT." And it felt like that was her truth. She threw off the covers and stumbled into the office.
This took her straight to a core belief "that I have to give up myself to take care of the people I love." Sound familiar? It certainly does with me!
WE DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE OURSELVES UP!  I should have known.
Dee goes on to tell us that she shares this with us because, if you are feeling like "you can't help it" there is, undoubtedly, another layer forces us to peel to get to the pony. I'm hanging in there. Will you? As soon as we understand what part of US is fighting US, we will be free. Thank you. Dee Wallace!  Know You Are the Answer!!!

If you are pointing the finger away from yourself, you will never find the answer that sets you free.     
Dee Wallace Follow Dee
Get outside as much as possible and be active.    Do not let worry slow you down.  
 
Carol Channing has ALWAYS been HER authentic self!





Richard's  Recommendations
From Balthasar Billups, BROADWAY BABYLON  : Looks like Broadway's hottest ticket is Off Broadway. A Clockwork Orange reimagined for the stage. Director Alexandra Spencer-Jones’ electrifying London stage adaptation of the 1962 book and 1971 film A Clockwork Orange will make its New York premiere at off-Broadway's New World Stages. 

Previews will begin on September 2 with an opening night set for September 25.  The work will run through January 6, 2018. 
Jonno Davies, who led the London cast, will make his New York Stage debut in the lead role of Alex De-Large.  
A Clockwork Orange lures audiences into a glass-edged, testosterone-filled underworld of a dystopian future. The explosive story of little Alex and his rebellious gang of Droogs is a groundbreaking classic of orgiastic ultra-violence and sexuality. The work is described as an unapologetic celebration of the human condition. Anthony Burgess’ book A Clockwork Orange has widely been considered a cultural landmark since its release. Stanley Kubrick’s film, an immediate hit with American audiences, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture. This 2017 production celebrates the centennial of Burgess’ birth, in 1917.   
  
This is an important event. Annie Ross, the legendary Jazz singer who's been a resident for
Annie Ross
over 10 years at Metropolitan Room, who's known for her famous song, Twisted, who's an original character in "Our Gang - The Little Rascals," is celebrating her 87th Birthday on Tues July 25th at 9pm. Bernie Furshpan will be hosting it. Annie hasn't been herself in the past few months and sometimes has difficulty performing, but she's a fighter, a classy, elegant fighter. Please go out on Tues at 9pm and give her the due she deserves for all the pleasure she's given us and the world. Be the Metropolitan Room's guest with a No Cover Charge admission by sending an email to Bernie


Before Liberace entered the world of glitz and glamour, the legendary showman crossed paths with history's most notorious gangster and his girlfriend, forming a unique bond. Featuring a lavish original score, this world premiere musical explores the phantasmagorical life of the iconic performer and his nearly career-shattering struggle to maintain privacy with respect to his sexual orientation. Friendship, love, and the quest for redemption play out for one of showbiz's most unique trios in the telling of this remarkable story. (Read MORE


With friends Debbi Bush Whiting and Glen Charlow

I'm throwing back the curtain and showing my followers the little man behind the Wizard who is
Frank Basile, Eileen Fulton, The late great Celeste Holm and Danny Lorge (I miss both daily)
always trying to put forth a positive image of a man. 


Let's Be Friends! I promise you a great experience!

I am declaring that this is going to be a great week for me.  Won't you join me? Don't be afraid to show compassion and caring. A warm hug can send a greater message that  those you love you care deeply about them. Be sure to give those who are feeling down your warmest smile or hug. Author Ellen Wittlinger wrote, “When there’s an elephant in the room, you can’t pretend it isn’t there and just discuss the ants.” Never forget, you are your most passionate advocate.
Life is so much better when you stop caring about what everyone thinks, and start to actually live for yourself!!

A Few Testimonials For Richard Skipper Celebrates...Next One is September 10th! Please Reserve TODAY   

Linda Amiel Burns (President of the American Popular Song Society), Linda Langton, Lee Roy Reams, Glen Charlow, Danny
Richard Skipper Celebrates... at the Laurie Beechman Theatre is a delight of a show. You are always guaranteed stellar performances, wonderful stories, and a lot of belly laughs. I walk away from every show having received an education - finding new appreciation for the music featured that month.
A most exceptional entertainer presents an incredibly satisfying series. I always look forward to the next one.
Abby Judd, Lights and Sound at The Laurie Beechman Theater

My boyfriend and I joined the American Popular Song Society a few months ago and have enjoyed all the programs so far. Richard's tribute to Judy Garland last week was the perfect way to top off the season! It was wonderful to see clips from every one of her films (many of which I need to add to my collection) and the performances were great! Richard is a dynamic host and a fantastic advocate for the preservation and celebration of the American Songbook and Musical Theatre. I look forward to many more Richard Skipper productions!
Mark Blowers,  New York, NY

Richard Skipper Celebrates is the Greatest show(s) on earth! Richard Skipper is the ultimate host,
with Warren Schein, Sarah Rice, David Sabella, Sharon McNight, and producer Russ Woollet
performer, artist, friend and quick witted delight!! Every show we have been to, he has made us feel like part of the family of incredibly talented performers gathered. September can't come soon enough😘

Kathleen Hochberg, Easton, PA




Sit Back! A New News Cycle Is About to Begin!


Thank you, to ALL who are mentioned in this blog for showing me that it is up to ME to lead by example!

With grateful XOXOXs , 
 



Please LIKE (if you do!) and SHARE!


NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  

Keeping America great through Art!     


Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!
 
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com
 













Comments